Monday, September 27, 2010

Groupwork

Our team learned a lot about each other today.  I was even able to learn a bit about myself.  It was brought to my attention that, up until now, many team members felt as if they were executing my projects, as opposed to working on a collaborative project.  Over the past couple of weeks, our team has designed and brought many ideas to the table, and my idea was generally the one that moved on when we had to pick one for presentation.  The system we had set up left very little room for collaboration, because, by the time we chose an idea it was too late to make big changes.  On top of that, I would fight endlessly for my idea, leaving other group members feeling as if they were in an endless argument.

Today, we managed to actually make a team compromise.  We kept the same primary functions, but agreed to a new form that served those functions better.  We each started to acknowledge our own skills as teammates:  Jason and I took the lead in redesigning the functioning mechanisms.  Chris and Bethany worked through the Arduino code.  Alex brought forward the new form design and rhino file for making the parts.

Starting tomorrow, I'll be posting images of the prototype building process.

No comments:

Post a Comment